Hit Counter!!

Saturday, November 17, 2007

Reviews For Piece Of Me


Collegian review:

Then again, "Blackout" finds Britney facing her portrayal in the tabloids head on. On the impossibly catchy "Piece of Me," she declares, "I'm Ms. Bad Media Karma / Another day, another drama."Perhaps propelled by righteous indignation, Britney uses this song to assert her vocal presence as well. Her often-distorted voice is irresistibly strong, sassy and sexy. Most of all, it's confident: when she wails, "you want a piece of me," it isn't a question, but a statement.Complete with a thumping beat and sweeping synthesizers, the track is a perfect slice of dance-pop fun and it's not alone.

Billboard review:

"Piece of Me" has already fostered scrutiny with lyrical response to obsessive media attention: "I'm Mrs. Lifestyles of the Rich and Famous, I'm Mrs. Oh my God that Britney's shameless/ I'm Mrs. 'Extra,' 'Extra,' this just in, I'm Mrs. she's too big, now she's too thin." Musically, the song drips and drools '80s synths, alongside a drowsy midtempo clip, as Brit sings in a heavily layered near-monotone. Again, the cover of Us will be as big a catalyst for radio as vocal prowess.

Guardian review:

the sound adds a genuine sense of simmering fury to Piece of Me, which rails against Spears' various detractors. With its toothsome chorus gradually smothered by waves of corrosive, atonal electronics.

Digitalspy review:

The self-mythologising 'Piece Of Me', meanwhile, is simply the most knowing song that Spears has ever recorded. (And, let's face it, 'Overprotected' and 'Stronger' weren't exactly the handiwork of an ingenuous naïf.) "I'm Mrs. Extra! Extra! This just in!," she croons in a girlish tone totally at odds with the media-savvy lyrics. "I'm Mrs. She's too big, now she's too thin."

EW review:

''Piece of Me'' kicks off with her standard breathy-sexy growl over a thumping hook: ''I'm Mrs. American dream/ Since I was 17.'' Then things get darker: ''I'm Mrs. Lifestyles of the Rich and Famous/I'm Mrs. 'Oh my God, that Britney's shameless'/ I'm Mrs. 'Extra, extra, this just in' / I'm Mrs. 'She's too fat, now she's too thin.''' At other points in the song, she refers to ''bad media karma'' and insists, ''Another day, another drama/ I can't see the harm in working hard and being a mama.'' According to her reps, the song may very well be her second single after the already charting ''Gimme More.''

CornellDailysun Review:

“Piece of Me,” she sings, “I’m Miss Bad Media Karma/ Another day, another drama/ Guess I can’t see the harm/ In working and being a mama/ And with a kid on my arm/ I’m still an exceptional earner.” Again, here, even though she seems to jab at the media, she offers no alternative to being “Miss Bad Media Karma,” and therefore changes nothing about her reputation.

Mtv review:

Not to mention studio magic. "Piece of Me," Spears' mission statement of sorts, finds the singer so vocoder-ized that it's hard to tell where the real Britney begins and ends — which is part of the point. "I'm Mrs. 'Lifestyles of the Rich and Famous,' I'm Mrs. 'Oh my God, that Britney's shameless," she "sings" while dissecting some of her own media coverage. She sings "you want a piece of me?" with moans and sighs, as if she's offering herself up on a platter, but then she tweaks the idea with a wink, suggesting she's "bad media karma" and that we're all going to suffer in the end. "Now are you sure you want a piece of me?"

CNN review:

"I'm Mrs. Bad Media Karma, another day another drama," the 25-year-old pop princess croons to a thumping dance groove on the song "Piece of Me."

Source:Cnn/Mtv/cornellsun/EW/Billboard

0 comments:

Womanizer!!!!!!!!

Break The Ice